Johnson Teigen Observes National Elder Law Month
In recognition of National Elder Law Month, as designated by the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Johnson Teigen highlights the following ways we assist clients with matters related to their health care and long-term care needs.
- Advising about health care advance directives, including health care powers of attorney, living wills, and related documents.
- Representing clients in guardianship matters for individuals without sufficient advance planning, to obtain court-appointed authority to make medical and care decisions for an incompetent individual.
- Assisting clients with planning and applying for Medicaid benefits to provide long-term care benefits, and financial protections for the spouse at home.
- Advocating for clients and their loved ones in care facilities regarding appropriate care, financial eligibility for benefits and programs, and self-determination.
- Providing comprehensive legal advice regarding financial and estate planning for older clients, which support the planning for personal care and medical decisions. Such planning may include durable powers of attorney for finances, trusts, wills, and marital property agreements.
Contact the attorneys at Johnson Teigen, LLC to begin or update your planning.