Meghan M. Teigen
Meghan is a partner with the law firm of Johnson Teigen, LLC, where she practices in the areas of estate planning, special needs planning, elder law, and probate and trust administration.
Professional Background and Activities
Attorney Teigen is named among the Best Lawyers in America (R) for 2021 in the practice area of Elder Law, and Super Lawyers has named her a 2021 Rising Star. She is a member of the Special Needs Alliance, a national, invitation-only organization of attorneys committed to helping individuals with disabilities and their families. Prior to joining private practice, Meghan was the Associate Executive Director and attorney trust advisor with Wispact, Inc, a Wisconsin non-profit organization that manages pooled and third party special needs trusts. Prior to that, Meghan worked with the Greater Wisconsin Agency on Aging Resources, providing legal support and supervision to benefit specialists and consumers through Wisconsin’s Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRCs).
Meghan is active with numerous professional and community organizations by serving on boards and chairing committees.
She is a frequent speaker to individuals, families, and professionals throughout Wisconsin on important issues related to estate planning, special needs trusts, and long-term care planning for older adults and individuals with disabilities.
- Juris Doctor, DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, IL
- Member of DePaul’s Health Law Institute
- Editor of The DePaul Journal of Health Care Law
- Bachelor of Arts in journalism and history, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Special Needs Alliance
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), Co-Chair of Special Needs Trust Steering Committee
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Elder Law and Special Needs section (Board Member) and Real Property, Probate and Trust Law section)
- Dane County Bar Association
- Madison Estate Council, Board Member