Mark T. Johnson
Mark T. Johnson is a partner with the law firm of Johnson Teigen, LLC where he practices in the areas of estate planning, probate and trust administration, elder law, special needs law, and real estate. Attorney Johnson is a certified elder law attorney (CELA), as conferred by the National Elder Law Foundation, and as recognized by the American Bar Association for specialty certification. He is a member of the Special Needs Alliance, a national, invitation-only organization of attorneys committed to helping individuals with disabilities and their families. He is currently the President of the Wisconsin Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. Attorney Johnson is named among the Best Lawyers in America (R) for 2020 in the practice areas of Elder Law and Trusts and Estates.
Mr. Johnson has published articles in the Wisconsin Law Review, Wisconsin Lawyer, Elder Law Journal of Wisconsin, and has contributed to various publications of the State Bar of Wisconsin.
He also presents regularly to general and professional audiences regarding estates, trusts, long-term care planning, and special needs planning.
- Juris Doctor, University of Wisconsin Law School, with honors
- Master of Arts, University of Notre Dame
- Bachelor of Music, St. Olaf College
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) (Wisconsin Chapter president)
- Special Needs Alliance
- Fellow of the Wisconsin Law Foundation
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Elder Law and Special Needs section and Real Property, Probate and Trust Law section)
- American Bar Association
- Dane County Bar Association
- Madison Estate Council
- Wisconsin Association of Charitable Gift Planners
- Dane County Financial Abuse Specialist Team
- Dane County Dementia Friendly Financial Group